Through God’s grace, we are the hands and feet of Christ to each other, sharing in (virtual) worship and the study of the word, serving our neighbors as ourselves, praying with and for one another. In lieu of the offering plate during this time of virtual worship, we encourage and appreciate your gifts and pledges by mail or electronically. Please see below for our address and directions for online gifts.
- Mail your check to:
St. John the Divine
2450 River Oaks Blvd.
Houston, TX 77019
Let us set up your check or credit card gifts:
Fill out this form and submit to our accounting department
- Make an online gift:
- Go to our online giving portal here. You will be prompted to enter an amount, choose a fund, and enter your email address. Choose the General Operating Fund. If you have a mySJD login, the system will recognize your email address and prompt you to enter your password to credit your gift to your account; If you do not, login as a guest.
- Choose the frequency and date of your gift. If you wish to set up a regular automatic payment, select from the FREQUENCY drop down menu how often you wish to give and when the recurring gift should start and end.
- Choose whether to set up a credit card payment or a bank draft from your checking or savings account. The screen defaults to ACCOUNT TYPE: Credit/Debit card. You can choose CHECKING or SAVINGS account from the payment method drop down menu by clicking on the down arrow. Fill in the account information and click GIVE.
- Text sjd and a dollar amount to 73256
- In the Church Life app, click the triple bars in the upper left corner of the screen to make the menu visible and choose 'Give'. You will be taken to the online giving portal - follow the instructions for 'Make an online gift' above.
Your faithful generosity to this church continues to be a blessing to support these and other works as we also continue to pay even those who are unable to work in these current situations. We continue our mission of Changing Lives for God in Christ through the generous gifts from parishioners like you.
Living Thanks, Giving Thanks
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of your marvelous works. - Psalm 9:1
Your Gifts Change Lives!
Thank you for your gifts to St. John the Divine, which fund our ministries and mission to Change Lives for God in Christ and help all people connect to Jesus in ways that change their world for good. When you give, you are allowing your St. John's family to invite others to worship, connect, grow, and go along with us. If you need assistance or have any questions about giving to St. John the Divine, please contact Louise Symmes, our director of generosity, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.354.2218.