Children in grades 2 - 3 are invited to participate in preparation for communion classes beginning January 12, 2020. This series was developed out of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program as a way of inviting the child into a deeper understanding of Holy Communion. Children are invited to participate in this class whether or not they have already participated in communion.
As you are making your decision about participation in the Preparation for Communion course, please consider that there is a commitment to be present for the classes and the retreat in order for the process it to be meaningful to your child. If you have any questions or would like to discuss Preparation for Communion, please contact Deanna Lawson at email@example.com or 713.354.2244.
The 5-week course meets on Sundays at 9:00 am from January 12 - February 16 in Room L17. Parents are encouraged to attend a parent class on Sunday, January 12 & 19 at 10:00 am in Room 210 with the Rev. Reagan Cocke. There will be a Saturday retreat at the church on February 22 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Holy communion will be celebrated on Sunday, February 23 at the 11:00 am service in the church followed by a reception for family and friends in the parlor.
- January 12 - Introduction and Writing Letters to Prayer Partners
- January 19 - Parable of the True Vine I: John 15:1-11
- January 26 - Parable of the True Vine II: John 15:1-11
- February 9 - Eucharistic Presence of the True Shepherd
- February 16 - Synthesis of the Eucharist; The History of the Gifts
- February 22 - Saturday Communion Retreat at the church
9:00 am - 12:30 pm: Retreat and Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 pm: Renewal of Baptismal Vows in the Church
- February 23 - First Communion & Family Reception: 11:00 am in the church with reception following in Sumners Hall