The destruction and human toll of Hurricane Harvey will remain with us for a long time to come. St. John the Divine is mobilizing to meet the needs of our neighbors.
I Want to Help
- There are countless ways you can help, from sorting donations, to delivering supplies, to cooking, to making phone calls, to data entry. We can use you! We've created a Sign-Up Genius form where you can volunteer for a specific task, on a specific shift. Sign up here.
- Connect with Volunteer Houston to Find an Opportunity: Volunteer Houston is a clearing house for Houston area volunteer opportunities. Create a log in and search available ways to help. Sign up with Volunteer Houston here.
- Interested in traveling to Houston with your mission team? St. John the Divine is hosting mission teams in partnership with Led2Serve, who will help us connect people with serving hearts with established community parters to help others. Contact Vanessa Puleo, firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-LED2SRV (ext) 700 for information or to sign up to serve.
Respond to Harvey Relief
- Donate Money: Donations to SJD's special Harvey relief fund will be designated for and restricted to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Every dollar donated will go directly back into the region to help those who were affected by Hurricane Harvey and lead them through recovery. Please share this information to your out-of-town friends! You can donate by:
- Donating to the special Hurricane Harvey Relief fund online
- Texting to 73256 with the message SJD Harvey
- Sending a check to St. John the Divine, 2450 River Oaks Blvd, Houston, TX 77019 and writing 'Hurricane Harvey Relief' in the memo line.
- Donate Household Goods Through the Guild Shop: Bring new small appliances and household items to The Guild Shop and designate them for Harvey relief.
- Donate Professional or School Clothes Through the Guild Shop: Bring professional or school clothes for resale to The Guild Shop and designate them for Harvey relief.
- Donate Furniture Through the Guild Shop: If you have furniture to donate, please take a picture of the item and send it to Harvey@theguildshop.org. Use the subject line: "Harvey donation: [name of item]". One item per email please.