Our Updated COVID-19 Protocols
A message from Leigh Spruill re: our COVID-19 protocols
- All worship services will be open with no reservations or sign-ins. Please click here for our current service schedule
- Regardless of vaccination status, please wear a mask at all times when indoors in any of our buildings
- We will continue the sacrament of communion at the altar rail in the Church and Chapel services without requiring social distancing. All providing communion will be masked
- We will continue to offer wine only by intinction for the time being
- We suggest you stand a few feet back from the rail if you prefer to be socially distanced while receiving communion
- We will continue to permit singing in worship services
- We will no longer have restrictions on the number of people in worship and in other rooms on campus, except for capacity limits set by the fire code
- We will continue to offer a variety of virtual options for those who would prefer to worship in this way – please visit sjd.org/live
- Please continue to monitor your own health – if you are not feeling well, regardless of whether or not you suspect COVID, please join us virtually.
Your safety comes first — our commitment to your health and safety:
- We thoroughly clean and sanitize all spaces after each use.
- We continue to offer hand sanitizer in our public spaces.
- During this new season, all employees will wear masks while indoors on campus except when speaking/singing in worship services.
Ushers are happy to accommodate anyone who needs more social distancing as we recognize that some will need to continue to wear masks and physically distance for important health reasons.
Of course, we are not able to guarantee a COVID-free environment, and everyone on campus is responsible to observe protocols and bear any risks.