At St. John the Divine we put prayer first. Before planning, before service, before all that we do, we pray. And we want to encourage and equip you to do the same so that your life may be filled with unceasing prayer — prayer that comforts the hurting, heals the sick, expresses gratitude, and changes lives. God listens, God hears, God answers.
How do I request prayer?
In our goal to be a house of unceasing prayer, our clergy, staff, and prayer ministry team members are dedicated to praying for whatever needs you may have – large or small. Confidentially. There are multiple ways to request and receive prayer at SJD:
- Post a prayer request on our virtual prayer wall by clicking on this link;
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call our prayer line at 713.622.3600, ext. 262;
- Ask a prayer minister to pray for you (available during church services after communion); or
- Complete a prayer request card (available at all church services).
Please let us know how we can pray for you today!
The duties of prayer ministers are varied. You can assist at the 6:00 pm Service of Healing & Intercession on Wednesday evening or pray in teams for individuals at the 11:00 am Sunday morning Contemporary Service. If you would like information about joining the prayer ministry, please fill out the form below and we will contact you!