Where We're Headed
Early in 2015 we engaged a season of listening and tried to Imagine what God might have for us next. Hours of meetings, 450+ inputs from parishioners, and 21 days of prayer have led us to believe that God has an incredible future for this amazing church.
But what does that look like in these next 5–10 years? How will we live
As we lean into God's best for us, we will focus our work on these three purposes:
- Transform lives through a personal relationship with Jesus
- Equip the body of Christ to do the work of God
- Mobilize our whole parish to serve others and change the world
But what does that look like in these next 5–10 years? How will we live into these purposes? The answer is captured in six audacious strategies. These define what the “best is yet to be” will look like.
- Equip all people for lives of unceasing prayer and vibrant worship.
- Develop exceptional ministries that change lives and grow the whole Church.
- Be a world class Teaching Center for faith formation and ministry development.
- Mobilize everyone to strategically transform Houston and the world for Christ.
- Be seen as the Family Resource Center that serves the diverse needs of our community.
- Raise up generations of Servant Leaders for Houston, the diocese, and the Church.